Digital Library Network South Asia
DLNETSA (Digital Library Network South Asia) is a regional consortium of South Asia Region. The objective is to create an operational and sustainable digital library network with focus on providing support for integrated library system and digital library activities with emphasis on use of Greenstone Digital Library (GSDL) and Koha ILS software user communities of this region, by:
- Formation/identification of a national network node for each country in South Asia region.
- Developing systems and procedures for enhancing web based information resource sharing. The network shall consciously work towards promoting inter operable Open Access Repositories (OAI) in the region.
- Advising on the development of an appropriate computing and communication infrastructure.
- Designing and implementing programmes for skill enhancement of network.
- Supporting the development of full interfaces in the languages of the region and creation of at least one operational web-based national/regional language collection using GSDL by each of the national nodes..
- Creating digital collections of local information (indigenous knowledge) through GSDL and Koha ILS with a view to value add the quality of life of the community through information bartering/exchange.
- Encouraging and supporting national nodes to carry out education programmes through training, distance education to enhance the capability of national nodes staff in developing content of digital resources.
- Establishing an appropriate mechanism for coordination of activities on the design, and implementation leading to total development of DLNETSA and in due course its institutionalization.
This site is maintained by the General Secretariat of DLNETSA. The companion site of the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode(IIMK)
has taken reposibility for maintaining certain DLNETSA information, and in this case (DLNETSA discussion list, Greenstone training, multilingual support) and requests for this information are automatically transferred to the IIMK site.